How to make your business cards unforgettable
There are some truly awesome business cards out there. Business cards that people are more likely to frame and put on their wall than throw in the nearest bin! They might not be the most practical cards in existence, but they are very nice to look at, eye-catching and unforgettable.
Below are some examples of unforgettable business cards. We’ve also listed our standard and not-so-standard business card printing options towards the bottom of the article.
Laser cut business cards for big impact
Everything is possible with lasers. Well, maybe not quite everything, but they certainly do add a lot of new choices when it comes to designing cards. Prices start from at least $1 per card, and go up fast depending on the complexity of your business card design.
Triple-thick cards with coloured edges
Timber or wooden business cards
Earthy, classy, eye-catching, unique and totally unforgettable. These wooden business cards are really nice. You could also twist the concept further and and print onto laminex. The range is huge, and they would be seriously durable.
Practical metal business card
It doesn’t get much more practical than this business card that acts like a wrench! Your customer will think wonderful, grateful thoughts about your business every time you save the day with this little gem!
Letterpress business cards are beautiful
Add some beauty to your business, and watch people lovingly stroke your cards when you hand them over. Letterpress business cards embody old-fashioned beauty, style and class, all in a little piece of paper.
Sponge business cards
Keep it clean! These business cards are pretty cool: useful, memorable and eye-catching. But how many could you fit in your wallet?
Totally Eco Business Cards
It doesn’t get much more eco than this business card! Get a bold self-inking stamp or a nice old-fashioned wooden stamp to give a truly satisfying ‘thump’ as you print your pieces of carefully selected old card and cartons.
A business card doesn’t have to be a card – it can be anything!
A business ‘card’ can basically be anything with your business details on it. Here is a selection of non-flat, non-rectangular, non-predictable ways to make sure people have your business details handy.
Types of business cards from Printing Brisbane
Here is a little summary of the types of business cards that we have. But keep in mind that these are just our common and popular ones—send us on a mission if you want something really out of the ordinary!
- 350gsm gloss artboard: used by 90%+ of our customers. It is nice and thick, has a good sheen to it and is easy to write on. Can have gloss or matte laminate on one or both sides.
- 420gsm gloss artboard: our premium gloss stock. It is super-thick and looks great. Comes with either gloss laminate on the front, or matt laminate on both sides (with an option to have spot UV on the front).
- 250gsm gloss artboard: a bit thin for most people’s preferences. Perfect if you are after something lightweight but still smart.
- 270gsm bleachboard: gloss coated on the front, uncoated on the back—a typical postcard stock.
- 250gsm monza recycled silk: 55% recycled and super smooth. It is a great recycled option.
- 350gsm blingfoil: print full colour over a layer of silver foil on the front of the card to get any metallic colour you can dream of!
(A finish more like photocopy paper, none of the sheen of the coated stocks)
- 280gsm white knight: this card is bright white and looks just great, but it isn’t very thick.
- 300gsm envirocare: this 100% recycled card is the choice when you want the recycled ‘look’.
- 300gsm ecostar: also 100% recycled. It is brighter than the envirocare if you don’t want to go ‘au naturel’.
- 352gsm strathmore: super smooth. This card is very classy. Not as white as the knight, but a much better thickness.
- 340gsm linen: a great choice. The old-fashioned class of the linen textured card, and at an affordable price.
Our fancy business card options
- Plastic: thick or thin, white, clear or translucent, heaps of options! Consider embossed numbering, signature panels, magnetic strips and variable data on the thick ones.
- Magnetic: make sure your card hangs around.
- Foil: add foil of any colour to any of the above card options for some serious shine.
- Metallic ink: for a sparkle more subtle than the foil, metallic ink really makes you stand out.
- Folded cards: tent cards are a great option when you have a lot of information to put on your card.
- Die cut: have any shape you like to stand out from the crowd.
Find out more about our business cards.
Design your dream business card – contact us
If you have a business card idea—no matter how standard or ‘out there’—contact us at Printing Brisbane. We’ll let you know what’s possible and do everything we can to bring your dream business card to life.